It was a rainy Saturday morning when we were heading to our centre. Lucas was staring at a window, watching buldings and things we pass. His eyes suddenly were focused on a little building at the end of the street. There was a group of kids and their teacher, having some activities outdoor.
- Mom, what is that? - he asked.
- Well, Luc, it's a special place. - I have answered.
- Is it a school? - he continued asking as he was very curious about this place.
- No, honey. It's an orphanage. It's a place for kids that don't have families, like you, Anne, Parker and other children.
I noticed his face getting sad. Lucas is a very sensitive kid and whenever he meets a thing that bothers his head, he will spent hours thinking about it. Few minutes later I felt his hand on my arm and a quiet voice getting to me from backseat.
- Mom, is there anything we can do for them to make them feel happy?
It was late November. Christmas comming. Why not cheer those guys up a bit? When we reached the centre I called out everybody to our office.
- Guys, we have a mission. Lucas wants to make some kids happy, we can't dissapoint him. - I said.
I have explained what is the plann. Everybody nodded smiling.
Here we are. At the orphanage. Every single member of Raymond Equestrian Centre is here to do something amazing.
Trinidad seems to enjoy this time just as we do. He lets every kid poke him and touch every single part of his body. He loves kids and kids love him.
And I love my husband with this beard.